Attendees: Dana Rooney, Jessica Kramer, Ali Kinnahan, Adam Kirschenbaum, Elissa Petruzzi, Jen Lupardi, David Landeryou, Jenn Green, Sharon Scholem, Kelly Penfield, Anne Tsai Bennett, Stephanie Schott
1. Approve Meeting Minutes from Last Meeting
- Review of last meeting’s minutes: We voted on executive members and budget and to raise dues. Last meeting’s minutes were approved.
2. Principal’s Report
- Great start to school year. Community circle implementation has been great for community building. Morningside work has been good.
- Back-to-School Night Schedule: 6:30–6:50 opening with introduction, including Principal Cooke and Kindred guests, followed by three 20-minute sessions with some travel time. End time 8:00.
- Equity Work: There has been good feedback about the circle work in the school from the community.
3. Teacher’s Report
- Thank you for bulk order supplies. Thank you for the support to get us started this year.
4. Membership Coordinator Report
- People liked the pie chart for current status on dues.
- Right now, 140 families contributing; more than 52%. Most are giving suggested amount.
5. Treasurer’s Report
- Updated budget info presented
- It was decided that the Key Administration would send out an email to the teachers about the use of the teacher’s fund.
6. KEHP Update
- KEHP would like to confirm a 4% raise for teachers next year. This information was not accurate based on last year’s Executive Committee votes and at this time, we are keeping with the signed contracts for this year. The current salaries are at a competitive rate. The Executive Committee will revisit salaries after the auction (during next year’s budget conversations).
- KEHP made a request that the outdoor field be closed for KEHP only from 4:30–6:00pm. The Executive Committee decided to send an email to parents to remind them to monitor their kids afterschool. In addition, the DGS contract does not include outdoor space rental for KEHP. We decided to look at a process for KEHP staff to report to KEHP parent liaisons who would then reach out to families.
7. LSAT Update
- No representative was present in light of the Ward 3 Community Meeting.
- We are still trying to fill two LSAT positions.
- We decided to offer paper ballots at Back-to-School night and then follow up at picnic.
8. Volunteer Slots Available
- We have a ton of volunteer slots that have not been filled.
- We are looking for a Co-Corresponding Secretary.
- We have a lot of committees that need assistance. Going to have sign ups at Back-to-School night outside the cafeteria.
9. Equity Team Update
- Three subgroups: adult engagement; curriculum; policy & procedures
- All committees actively working on new things. There have been changes to classes and administrative process. Kindred will be at Back-to-School night to discuss the three groups.
- Jelleff field issue is on the equity team’s radar. There was outreach to the general community to sign a petition to address the issue. The ANC is also working on this.
- We discussed having the Equity Team having a blog on the school website to discuss progress. We decided to include information in the Key 101 information.
- Three Chairs: Joshua Lemere, Shoshana Rosenbaum, Jessi Cates-Bristol
11. General PTO Meetings’ Schedule
- First meeting, Wednesday, October 16, 8:45–9:30am.
12. New Business