Attendees: David Landeryou, Jennifer Green, Joshua Lemere, Currie Renwick, David Lee, Dana Rooney, Ali Kinnahan, John Nichols, Elissa Petruzzi, Jessica Kramer, Adam Kirschenbaum
1. Approve Meeting Minutes from Last Meeting
- Minutes from September meeting approved.
2. Principal’s Report
- We continue to have a great start.
- Back-to-School Night went well.
- Community circles continue to go well and we are moving into lunch gatherings.
- We are beginning data discussions and rolling out acceleration block next week.
3. Teacher’s Report
- This first acceleration block focus will be with ELA and math.
- Everything is going smoothly.
- Thanks to the PTO for support. Grateful for reimbursement turnaround.
4. Membership Coordinator Report
- 61% dues paid as of today.
- Discussion on ways to increase dues payment, and to solicit new funds.
- Discussed possible form to be used at Harvest Fest with swipe, maybe movie night as well.
5. Treasurer’s Report
- Distributed budget vs. actuals report.
- Question on whether trees have been ordered. Jessica Kramer will follow up.
- Introduced John Nichols, who is coming on board to transition into the Treasure role.
- Discussion of changing purchasing card process to tighten that process to funnel purchasing and getting the Hospitality committee a credit card.
6. KEHP Update
- Ms. Conway is requesting a new desktop computer. Ms. Penfield is going to work with getting that done, either from computer lab or from new purchase.
- KEHP would like to put the shed together. We decided to contact Tackle to put it together.
- We also have the safety fence for the corner, which we can erect soon.
- Discussion of student use of field after school. Administration has attempted to increase language about unsupervised use.
7. LSAT Update
- We do now have four members for LSAT. They have submitted the roster to DCPS.
- They still need to vote on a chair, which can happen later.
- LSAT attended school leadership meeting.
- Deadline for school plan submission to DCPS is October 30, but it is a living document.
- Key Enrollment is 383, which was shared with the Wilson feeder pattern discussion group.
- Jelleff Field discussion continues, and people can continue to participate in that if they would like.
- Ward 3 EdNet meeting is tonight and Sara Ritchey is there to hear more about feeder pattern and Key renovation.
9. Equity Team Update
- Had their last schoolwide equity team meeting in the past month. They broke up in their 3 committees and are moving forward.
- Hispanic Heritage and Central America week is currently happening, and teachers are implementing lesson plans addressing those items.
- Created an equity logo, which can be used to promote the equity message.
- Talked about raising additional funds to do some more outreach.
- Discussion of putting a page on the website.
- Next equity meeting is Thursday at 3:00.
12. New Business
- Request to get someone from DCPS to do fingerprinting. Dr. Landeryou will send in a request.
- Mr. Lemere requesting money for Hochman Method training. Ask is for $1,000. Approved.