Attendees: David Landeryou, Jennifer Green, Kelly Penfield, Jessica Kramer, Adam Kirschenbaum, Alison Kinnahan, John Nelson, Alan Wetherald, Grant Follett, Heather Lerner, Shoshana Rosenbaum, Sara Ritchey, Leslie Pearson
1. Approve last month’s minutes
- Minutes approved.
2. Principal’s Report
- Thanks to Alan and Heather for being here to represent the staff.
- Equity — We recently sent out the Community Pledge and Plan.
- Acceleration — We are going to look at mid-year data and to regroup students.
- Intentional Scheduling — Things seem to be going well. We have moved to using words as well as colors.
- Tree sale was great this weekend. Thank you.
3. Teacher’s Report
- Family Science Night — Idea to connect with other schools to help others build a family science night. Mr. Wetherald met with STEM coordinator at Whittier ES and discussed sharing the materials and ideas.
4. Membership Coordinator Report
- We are at 68% membership and will be targeting those remaining through AtoZ.
- Ms. Conway is also going to send out notice to KEHP families.
5. Treasurer’s Report
- We are at $6,385 for Harvest Fest, and our goal was $5K. We dropped our costs significantly this year. However we spent $3K for the Haunted House.
- The Tree Sale is right on target from last year. Expenses are still coming in. The hope is to think about the pre-order number for future years and cut the number of trees. We are still at net income and had good weather for the sale weekend.
6. KEHP Update
- KEHP is sending out notices for late payers, and some have not paid dues.
- Discussed idea of auto pay for monthly KEHP fee.
- Discussion of KEHP gift cards for the staff. We will work on them.
- Discussion of the shed. We are working on getting it built.
7. LSAT Update
- LSAT is going to start having open community meetings about what is going on. First meeting is Friday, December 20. Something went in NW@K and discussion of handout to distribute to teachers and at drop off.
- LSAT now has a webpage on the website.
8. Equity Team Update
- We have a meeting tomorrow morning.
- Dialogue groups are meeting and are going really well.
- Anne Bennett got a grant from the Palisades Community Fund to show a documentary on racism, and it went well. They got enough money to do another event.
- Community Plan & Pledge went out and solicited comment.
- Holiday Sharing changed name to Winter Sharing and gave guidance to the teachers on the programming.
- Holiday Shop. Discussed moving it closer to Thanksgiving to shift focus of giving and giving kids the chance to give. Concern that moving it up may cause issues with the process. We did make a concerted effort to move it to be before the holidays of multiple religions, and to make it more non-denominational. We have comped gifts for kids that might not be able to participate.
- There will be an event in March with Ms. Loss on learning differences and addressing disabilities.
- The circles have been productive.
9. New Business
- Computer Lab Status — Key Staff has not been able to spend the money and is still working on it.
- DCPS Proposed Calendars are posted and seeking feedback for the next 3 years.
- Grasso proposed legislation would have an impact on our PTO and school. Decided to watch its progress.