Attendees: Adam Kirschenbaum, Jennifer Green, Elissa Petruzzi, Amy Lally Lauren Herrington, John Nelson, Sharon Scholem, Shoshana Rosenbaum
1. Approve last month’s minutes
- Minutes approved.
2. Principal’s Report
- We are on a pause for in-person learning and we tried to explain in an email update today. Families that have an in-person slot will have a slot when the CARES classroom is staffed. We are waiting to see how the CARES classroom will be staffed. Expecting guidance imminently.
- The walkthrough will be on Wednesday for the building. On the DC Reopen Strong site, you can look up each school and see where they are. They are working through the list. We are waiting on the power cords. DCPS said no to video record the walk through.
- Key would have 3 entry points with masks, hand sanitation, and a healthcare worker to take a temperature check. There would be grab and go breakfast.
- The health isolation room would be in one of the cottages.
- We had 72% acceptance rate for in-person spot solicitations.
- 2nd Advisory Materials Pick Up – Key Admin will discuss with teachers on Friday to determine what this looks like. Primarily it will be Eureka Math Materials. Likely week before Thanksgiving Break if there are any materials to distribute.
3. Teacher’s Report
- Thank for all of the support from the community and administration. We are here for the students and families.
4. Membership Coordinator Report
- We now have 108 families that have paid PTO dues – 45%.
5. Treasurer’s Report
- We are now a little ahead of the PTO dues forecast.
- We are continuing to pay salaries.
- We are about to file our 990 return with the IRS.
- We had a tax-exempt account renewed with DC, so we are good for another 5 years.
6. KEHP Update
- No report. Ms. Conway is doing well.
7. LSAT Update
- Raised issue about who would lead the CARE classrooms. AP Green said that it would be set by central office.
- Question of whether our instructional aides can be added to DCPS. Amy Lally reported that a Hardy IT person was added. AP Green said she would check in and Amy said that she would provide the contact from Hardy.
8. Equity Team Update
- We have had a few meetings. Azeb has been leading some group building activities. Azeb is also recruiting participants for a dialogue group (10-week experience)
- Teachers are meeting together as an equity group and are meeting with at-risk families to check in
- There was an incident with an image that was racially insensitive that was posted on a Canvas page. The teacher took it down right away and there was a communication made to the grade-level families.
9. New Business
- Math Night last week went well.
- Tree Sale website is live.
- Hardy Open House with Principal Cooke – Adam is working on scheduling.
- Amazon Smile – Question whether we can become an affiliate to get more percent back.
Next Exec Meeting – December 7th at 5:30