Attendees: Adam Kirschenbaum, David, Landeryou, Jennifer Green, Sharon Scholem, John Nichols, Jessica Kramer, Chrys Limardo, Lauren Herrington, Amy Lally, Elissa Petruzzi, Jessi Cates-Bristol, Imani Cheers, Norbert Brooks, Kelly Mulvihill, Jordana Grodnitzky, Lida Fitts, Silvia Ranno
1. Approve March 1, 2021 minutes (A. Kirschenbaum)
- Minutes approved.
2. Principal’s Report (D. Landeryou)
- PTO funds budgeted for classroom spending was released to teachers. Next staff meeting, Ms. Green will remind staff of the budget ceiling.
- There has been an influx of community members on the playground at pickup. The school would like to purchase signage reminding families of the rules around playground use. Would that money come out of funds allocated to grounds maintenance? The total cost would be under $600.
- J.Nichols will look into that. J. Kramer indicated that she believes this will be covered under that line item.
- J. Green will also submit language to NW@Key reminding the community of the rules.
3. Teacher’s Report (S. Scholem)
- Teachers are getting ready for another schedule change in term 4. They continue to ask for patience from families.
4. Membership Coordinator Report (A. Kirschenbaum)
- One additional membership and bulk supply fee was paid since the last meeting.
5. Treasurer’s Report (J. Nichols)
- Budget Process for next school year will start once expenses are accounted for. The new budget is projected to be ready in one to two months.
- We currently have $153K in income and $128 in expenses with another $70/80 potentially.
- There is savings reserved for capital improvement projects.
- We will have to make some decisions for cuts for next year.
- J. Kramer shared that the PPE loan we received at the end of last year was just forgiven.
6. KEHP Update (E. Petruzzi)
- Getting a list together for who is enrolled at school and on KEHP list to check against PTO dues paid. Then a reminder will go out to families. PTO dues of a minimum of $5 must be paid to be placed on the KEHP list.
7. LSAT Update (L. Herrington)
- The budget is completed for the next year.
- A letter was sent to the budget hearing asking the mayor to add more for staff funding.
- Fillmore funding has not been finalized yet. There are two options for the remaining funding: (1) Divide the remaining funding among participating schools who attended Fillmore Arts Center, or (2) give it toward art programming.
- There are three openings on LSAT. Tim Johnson will remain on the LSAT committee. Elections will likely be held in May.
- Priority items for new LSAT committee to tackle include virtual labs and technology audit.
8. Equity Team Update (J. Cates-Bristol)
- Kindred dialog group will occur once, we usually have three. A parent volunteer is necessary.
- Equity team is working on the teacher appreciation video. An email went out to parents via room parents to keep it secret from teachers. Please encourage people to upload videos.
- Equity team will ask among members to join LSAT. A job description would be helpful to garner a volunteer.
- Equity wanted to do a town hall meeting for term 4, but they have changed directions and hope to run a community circle instead that talks about equity for families.
- Equity needs facilitators who are volunteers from key families.
9. New Business
- Open PTO Positions: Co-Presidents, Website, Payroll
- Some people have expressed interest and are encouraged to join PTO meetings to help with their decisions.
- Ad Hoc Communications Committee (C. Limardo)
- We have no volunteers from the announcement. C. Limardo will start reaching out directly to individuals to include parents, teachers, and other key stakeholders to participate in a dialogue about communications strategies that can improve information flow. A survey can be used to collect information from the community of preferred communication needs.
- J. Green will announce this opportunity at the next staff meeting to see if there are any teacher volunteers. A. Kirschenbaum suggest Nurse trimmer, Mr. Wetherald, and Ms. Archie as a diverse staff perspective.
- We will conduct an audit of current communications materials and tools used. J. Kramer will send access to the Google drive to facilitate that process.
- Website Update (J. Kramer)
- All backend updates are completed.
- We are looking for a volunteer to oversee website content, the backend is staffed through PTO funding.
- A teacher’s email address was lifted from the website and used in a non-school related manner. This is why the PTO writes out email addresses rather than makes them linkable. We need to look into privacy setting around this and privacy should be an important thing to consider in comms discussions. J. Kramer will check with backend person to see what can be done to increase privacy protections.
- CWG – April 28, 2021, 6–7:30pm Community Outreach (A. Kirschenbaum)
- J. Green is now on the community forum. The meeting announced on the last NW@Key newsletter will have significant impact on key boundary options. They will be presented and decisions will be made fairly soon.
- L. Herrington is planning on attending the Ward 3 boundary meeting tonight and will report back.
- A. Lally shared that Stoddert had a survey about this as they are concerned about the proposals due to their space limitations.
- A. Kirschenbaum will share this information with Avi Green, who is in the working group, to see if Key should also engage in a survey.
- Auction Week – First Week of May (A. Kirschenbaum)
- Auction is targeted for the first week of May.
- Auction committee is meeting this week.
- There are currently 15 teacher features.
- It was suggested to announce any auction information out on neighborhood listservs.
Next Exec Meeting – May 3rd at 5:30 p.m.