Back to School Information for K-5 Families 2017-2018
First Day Information
• School begins for grades K-5 on Monday August 21st
• Arrival assembly will begin at 8:30am on the blacktop (rain location: gym)
• For new students, class assignments will be posted on the Eskridge Terrace doors on Friday August 18.
• Dismissal will be at 3:15pm on the blacktop
• Kindergarten families will pick up directly from the classroom between 3pm-3:15pm the first day so that they can see the classroom and meet the teacher. This will be for the first day only. All other days will be from the blacktop
• The PTO has purchased solar eclipse glasses for all our students. Join us on the blacktop at 2:30pm to watch!
• Students should arrive no earlier than 8:30am and report directly to the blacktop
• Teachers will collect students from the blacktop at 8:35am
• Any student arriving after 8:50am should report to the security desk to check in
• Please be understanding of traffic and driveways when escorting your child to the blacktop!
• Dismissal is at 3:15pm and is from the blacktop (where you drop students off in the morning)
Inclement Weather Arrival and Dismissal
• In the event of rain or snow, arrival and dismissal will be in the gym. You may enter the gym from the doors off the blacktop.
• When in the gym, students should be seated in front of their teacher’s name on the wall.
• The lunch schedule is as follows:
o Kindergarten-1st grade: 12pm-12:20pm
o 2nd-3rd grade: 12:20pm-12:40pm
o 4th-5th grade: 12:40pm-1pm
• Students should pack a lunch (with their name clearly marked) or may purchase a lunch from the food vendor SodexoMagic. Lunch costs $2.70.
• Cash for lunch is not accepted. You may set up an account to add money by going to myschoolbucks.com
• Questions about lunch menus and pricing should be directed to the cafeteria staff.
• Teachers often provide students with the opportunity to have a healthy snack in the classroom during the day. If students would like a snack during the day, please send it in your child’s backpack daily.
• Breakfast is free for students each day beginning at 8am in the cafeteria. Any student wishing to eat breakfast must be accompanied by a parent/guardian or enrolled in Before Care.
• If you have additional health records (immunization or dental) please drop them off in our main office with Nurse Trimmer
• Students needing to take medication during the school day must do so through the nurses office. Paperwork must be filled out by the doctor and parent/guardian.
• Teachers will be sending home additional information during the first week of school outlining their classroom schedule, classroom specific procedures and contact information.
• We look forward to providing additional information at Back to School Night on Thursday August 31st at 6:30pm in the cafeteria.
• For any additional questions, please reach out to Principal Landeryou (firstname.lastname@example.org), Assistant Principal Riley (email@example.com) or Registrar Helen Johnson (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Be sure to email email@example.com to get on the PTA/Leadership Team email list!