General PTO Meeting Minutes – October 16, 2019
1. Principal’s Report — David Landeryou
- Passport Friday next Friday highlighting El Salvador — Ana Ayala from the Key Staff will be presenting.
- Acceleration Block kicked off this week.
- Intentional scheduling is going well and has had a huge impact to make sure that students are getting access to specials.
2. Equity Team Report — Laura Segal and Kelly Penfield
- Exciting to see the professional development process of things going on.
- The training of dealing with incidents have been powerful and it is exciting to see the things happening, and continued work on equity on all fronts.
- Mission Statement and Community Pledge: The pledge is going out on Monday in backpacks. There will be a banner at Harvest Festival for families and students to sign. It is not required but suggested to sign it so that all are aware of the items going on at Key.
- The website will be updated to include equity with the new One Community logo. It will include a blog.
- Kindred dialogue groups will be starting soon.
- Suggestion to have an option for parents to commit to pledge on PTO dues page.
- Doing some professional development around inclusion and special education.
3. Treasurer’s Report — Ali Kinnahan
- Distributed budget vs. actuals report.
- Bulk Supplies is short $2,700 for collections; purchases have been made. Decided to include that info in the next NW@K pie chart.
- Chorus enrollment is down. The expenses will need to reflect that.
- John Nichols has agreed to come on as treasurer and will be transitioning in. He is a comptroller by profession and is the perfect person to come on board.
- Retail Rebates: Join Amazon Smile with FS Key as donation designation or download the BoxTop app and take pictures of store receipts to earn money for the school.
4. Calendar of Events — Jessica Kramer
- Flu Clinic today and tomorrow.
- Prospective Open House this Friday morning — still in need of tour guides.
- Movie Night this Friday; also need volunteers.
- Harvest Fest in a week and a half; volunteers needed for the Haunted House.