PTO Executive Committee Meeting Minutes – November 6, 2019
Attendees: David Landeryou, Jennifer Green, Stephanie Schott, Adam Kirschenbaum, Jessica Kramer, John Nichols, Alison Kinnahan, Jessi Cates-Bristol, Jacque Bunnell, Julie Hayes, Sara Ritchey
1. Principal’s Report
- Great year so far.
- Passport Tuesday on Central America was a success — Ana and Marco were great presenters on El Salvador.
- Morningside Visit — Representatives visited every classroom and it was a great visit. The students all participated in circles. Key staff presented the community circles at District PD.
- Acceleration Block is up and running.
- Intentional scheduling is working well.
2. Teacher’s Report
- Thanks PTO for funding the Surface Pros. It is making a big difference.
- Thanks for the staff lunch and Ms. Johnson send off.
- A request that all teachers and staff be included in ASEP request. PTO is going to hold an ASEP-based breakfast to give teachers/staff information.
3. Membership Coordinator Report
- We are at 66% participation.
- We are still short on bulk and equity. Idea is to send something out right near the end of the 2019 year.
4. Treasurer’s Report
- The transition from Ali Kinnahan to John Nichols is still in progress. John will take over by the end of the year.
- We are in the process of getting new checks so distribution may be a little slower. Our account was compromised but no funds were lost.
5. After School & PD Day Programming
- We tried a pilot program to do a double-block of after care programming. It did not show that it filled the need for aftercare that we hoped, so we will not continue the 4:15 to 5:15pm block.
- ASEP and Seth Goldman will co-exist and not overlap. Seth is also looking at expanding by offering morning programming.
- Post-ASEP we will start spring programming.
- For PD days, discussed replacing One-on-One Basketball with Seth Goldman option to provide programming until 4:00. Motion Approved.
- Decided to remove Taekwondo.
- Discussed not renewing tennis for the next school year. Motion Approved.
- Discussed changing the PD Day Art Program.
6. KEHP Update
- There are still a group of families paying late. Discussion of process to deal with this, including exclusion from KEHP.
- There are some families that have not paid Bulk Supply as well. KEHP is checking into this.
7. LSAT Update
- Ward 3 Meeting is next week.
- At last Ward 3 meeting, got an update on 20.5 million for cottage replacement for SY 2022–23. There are currently six cottages and room to build for eight cottages. The addition of two new cottages brought up the issue of Fillmore. The design team has not been assembled yet. Not discussed whether there would be student displacement.
9. Equity Team Update
- Working on the pledge. Going to put a call out for community feedback. Discussed putting it in the directory in the future.
- The Equity Plan will also go out for feedback. Discussed not to print it, but in effort to be equitable to all someone will be donating printing.
- Still not decided about the banner for Harvest Festival. The PTO approved the cost of the banner.
- Kindred has started work with the staff and parents.
- Next meeting is November 8 at 6:00pm.
12. New Business
- Discussed use of building after hours. Groups would need to go through the DGS process.
- Veterans’ Day Assembly is Friday.