PTO Executive Committee Meeting Minutes – September 8, 2020
Attendees: Adam Kirschenbaum, Jessica Kramer, Chrys Limardo, John Nichols, Dana Rooney, David Landeryou, Sharon Scholem, Sara Ritchey
1. Approve last month’s minutes
- Minutes approved.
2. Principal’s Report
- Positive feedback was received regarding parent conferences.
- Eighty computers have been distributed thus far.
- Most families have picked up the material packages.
3. Teacher’s Report
- Teachers have stated that they are very pleased with all the parent support in getting students on to their meetings on time and their patience as we eased into the technology.
4. Membership Coordinator Report
- Fifty-eight families have paid PTO dues ($36K raised so far).
- Some families are not paying bulk dues.
- Compared to last year, we are about $35K behind. We could reach out to families to collect dues.
5. Treasurer’s Report
- I echo Dana’s concern and am optimistic about pick up. The PTO dues is a big bucket for our turn to for funds and at a certain point we need to communicate the need. We are paying salaries and things are okay for now, but we need to keep an eye on that.
- Submitted Form 990 and it is with the accountants.
6. KEHP Update
- No report.
7. LSAT Update
- Jessica noted that Lauren Herrington will volunteer for the vacant position.
8. Equity Team Update
- No update.
9. New Business
- Flu Clinic — Cancelled in light of the situation.
- Room Parents
- Adam will speak to Kelly to further discuss this.
- Additional communications went out to recruit more parents.
- Adam suggested doing class-based Zoom calls to replace usual parent get togethers.
- Chrys suggested that room parents could be responsible for helping assemble class pictures and info to create a yearbook as part of their usual task of assembling class picture grids.
- Mask fundraiser
- Sandy is ready to go, need to finalize how to sell and distribute.
- Adam suggested having pick up times at breezeway.
- Jessica can set up Squarespace so that they can be ordered online easily.
- Jessica wanted to confirm payment for aides.
- Update on DCPS visit
- Patrick Davis visited this month and was amenable to the high priority issues noted in the school (wall, roof, and A/C).
- Technology Specialist
- Chrys asked if this position was being tabled. Adam said for this school year it was removed in light of DCPS having 24-hour technology support.
Next Exec Meeting – October 5th at 5:30